Chocolate Fudge

This is my Grandma Harris's fudge recipe.  It's my favorite fudge and a family tradition!  I like mine hardened so I leave it out uncovered for a week or two.


Recipe:

3 C sugar
1 can evaporated milk
1 Tbs butter
10 oz Hershey bar, broken into pieces
1 12 oz package milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pint marshmallow whip
1 Tbs vanilla
Nuts (optional)

Place Hershey bar, chocolate chips, marshmallow and vanilla in mixer bowl.  Stir and bring to boil sugar, milk and butter over medium heat for 10-12 min or until it reaches a soft ball. Pour over chocolate and whip until melted. Add nuts however you like them.  Pour onto buttered cookie sheet. Note: Sometimes I just put the nuts in the bottom of the pan before I pour the fudge on them; Sometimes I mix them in; and sometimes I put them on top.  If I make the fudge milk chocolate, I use pecans; and if I make the fudge semi-sweet, I use walnuts.



Comments

Popular Posts