Dana's Hot Sauce

I'm so thrilled!  I just cracked the recipe code for my favorite hot sauce on my fourth batch!  It's so close you can't tell the difference.  This isn't a salsa that you eat with chips.  It's a "hot" sauce to drizzle on tacos, quesadillas or anything you want!  The Pequin (puhkeen) chili peppers I've only found at a Mexican market.  And because I now have a Vita-mix I can get the sauce really smooth.



Recipe:

15 g dried Arbol chili peppers, stems removed
2 g dried Pequin chili peppers, stems removed
2/3 C boiling water
3/4 C white vinegar
3 1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbs sucanut
1 3/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 + 1/8 tsp Xantham gum

Pour boiling water over peppers and allow to stand for 20 minutes. Put everything together in a blender and blend on high until as smooth as possible.



Comments

Popular Posts