Homemade Deodorant

I've been using men's deodorant for a few years now because I can't find any women's that isn't an antiperspirant, except Tom's and that doesn't work very well for me.  I was getting huge lumps under my arms from using regular antiperspirant deodorant because it was clogging my pours and not letting the toxins out.  This is a fabulous recipe that works wonderful!  It's very versatile and you can adjust the amounts of the ingredients according to your liking.  I was using cornstarch, but after using it for awhile it started itching really bad.  This time I'm trying tapioca flour so we'll see. The coconut oil has to be high quality.  If it doesn't smell like coconut, it's not good.  In the picture below I halved the recipe and it filled one empty deodorant container plus what's left on the plate, so a whole batch will fill three empty deodorant containers.


Recipe:

½ C coconut oil, good virgin quality
3 Tbs baking soda
5 Tbs cornstarch, arrowroot or tapioca flour
10-15 drops essential oil (your choice, I like lemon)

Mix together until very thick. Push into used up deodorant container or just rub on with fingers.  The older it gets, the drier it gets.



Comments

Popular Posts