Dana's Barbecue Sauce

My favorite barbecue sauce used to be Sweet Baby Rays. This recipe is my copycat version of Sweet Baby Rays. I read the ingredients and just started experimenting, using my son, Chad, to help me taste and adjust. Chad is really good at recognizing what is missing in a recipe. I like it a little less sweet than Sweet Baby Rays.

Recipe:

1 C white vinegar
6 oz tomato paste
1 C whey or water
3/4 C sucanut or brown sugar
1/3 C molasses
4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
1/4 C hickory smoke flavoring
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 C tamarind sauce (optional)
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 dash hot sauce
1/4 C pineapple juice
3 Tbs corn starch or tapioca starch

Mix all together well. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Makes 3-4 Cups.




Comments

Popular Posts