Pumpkin Bacon Waffles

These waffles are super delicious.  It's hard to go back to eating plain old waffles after eating these.  For years my mom has made waffles with bacon and my children always look forward to them when we go to Grandma's house.  The pumpkin make the waffles super moist inside.  I've tried many pumpkin waffle recipes and this is my adaptation of my favorite one.


Recipe:

¼ C brown sugar (no substitutes)
¼ C tapioca starch
1¼ C AP flour (or sub some soft wheat), very loosely packed
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1¾ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
1 C buttermilk
1 C pumpkin puree*
4 Tbs butter, melted (try 3 tablespoons oil)
Crispy bacon slices

Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl.  In another bowl, beat eggs well, then add buttermilk, pumpkin and butter.  Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until all the flour is moistened (don't over mix).  Heat a waffle iron to medium high and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Put as much bacon as desired down on iron (I use one-two slices per serving) and spoon batter on top of bacon.  Cook until well browned and serve with Butter Cream Syrup.

*Note - I use my own pumpkin puree which is thinner (more moisture) than canned pumpkin so you may want to adjust.


Comments

Popular Posts