Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend

I use America's Test Kitchen's (ATK) AP Gluten-Free (GF) Flour Blend but I grind my white and brown rice super fine myself.  It takes three times through the grinder but it's worth it to me.  ATK recommends Bob's Red Mill rice flours but they aren't as fine as what I can do at home and it makes a big difference in the recipes.  They do recommend allowing the batters to rest 30 minutes to soften the rice which helps but the recipes still turn out better with the super fine grind.  You can purchase super fine ground rice flours at AuthenticFoods.com but they are outrageously expensive.

Recipe

24 ounces super fine white rice flour
7.5 ounces super fine brown rice flour
7 ounces potato starch
3 ounces tapioca starch
¾ ounce nonfat milk powder 

Thoroughly mix all together and keep in the fridge or freezer, but always bring to room temperature before measuring for your recipes.

Comments

Popular Posts