Dana's Ranch Dressing

This is another really good ranch that I adjusted from a recipe I received from a friend.  I like both of my ranch dressing recipes.  They have a little different flavor so it's nice to change it up a bit.  Changed 3/3/21.

Recipe:

1/4-1/3 cup buttermilk (80 grams)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (115 grams)
1/4 cup sour cream (can omit and use 3/4 cup mayonnaise if desired) (61 grams)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 small garlic clove minced)
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon MSG*
1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
1/2-3/4 teaspoon each fresh minced dill and chives (optional)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (optional)

You can try using dried herbs but there is a significant difference and improvement with fresh herbs.  Mix all together and refrigerate.

*I've tried so many recipes for Ranch dressing and made several versions of my own and found that, unfortunately, Ranch dressing is just so much better with MSG.


Comments

Popular Posts