Hake Fillet in Butter Sauce

I watched a chef on the internet prepare fish this way and thought I would try it.  Although I didn't follow a specific recipe, just the directions, it turned out delicious!  I'm sure any type of fish would be good this way.


Recipe:

2 Fish fillets (I used Hake which is similar to Halibut)
Salt
Black pepper
Oil
Butter
1 Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Fresh herbs, chopped (parsley and whatever you have on hand.  I used parsley, thyme and Rosemary)

Have the fillets ready, seasoned on one side with salt and pepper.  Drizzle about 1 Tbs oil in a frying pan over medium heat.  Add about 1 Tbs butter and heat until it is starting to sizzle.  Sprinkle some salt in the pan and carefully lay the fillets in the pan, seasoned side up (if the fillets have skin, put them skin side down).  Cook about 2 minutes and flip the fillets over.  Cook another 3-4 minutes until the fillets are barely cooked through.  Remove the fish to a plate.  Add about 2-4 Tbs butter to the juices in the pan to melt.  Add lemon juice and herbs and simmer until flavors are well combined.  Spoon over fish or serve separately.



Comments

Popular Posts